When we first started thinking about the compilation, we had in mind the idea to put together a great minimal techno selection with stuff from the early 90s, which really inspired us, like Robert Hood, Dan Bell, Plastikman, Pansonic and Mike Ink to name a few.
Whilst working on the project we had the feeling that there is so much more great and influential minimal music from way before the techno thing started.
So we were very excited to combine the music from the electronic pioneers, with the tracks from the minimal techno godfathers in a very modern way. In Minimal Music there is so much (space) in between the sounds and the space that gives you a lot of opportunities for an own interpretation.
The Grandfather Paradox is a scientific theory about time travelling and was first described by the science fiction writer Rene Barjavel in his book – Le Voyageur Imprudent. We took suggestions ou! t of that because we felt like we are travelling back in time and manipulating the old music with modern knowledge.
The fact that we did all this with the deserved respect to the originals makes us quite sure that the results are bringing something new and interesting to the old tracks and transport the past into the here and now.
Henrik Schwarz, Âme & Dixon
A Journey through 50 Years of Minimalistic Music.
The Grandfather Paradox by Henrik Schwarz, Âme & Dixon
1. Steve Reich & Pat Metheny Electric Counterpoint – Fast (Movement 3)
2. Etienne Jaumet – Repeat After Me (Âme Mix)
3. Kenneth Bager – Fragment Eleven… The Day After Yesturday Pt.1
4. Liquid Liquid – Lock Groove (Out)
5. Cymande – For Baby Oh
6. Patrick Moraz – Metamorphoses 1st Movement (Live)
7. To Rococo Rot – Testfeld
8. Matematics -Blue Water
9. I:CUBE – Acid Tablet
10. Ø – Atomit
11. Conrad Schnitzler – Electrocon 11
12. Green Pickles feat. Billy Lo & M. Pittman – Feedback
13. La Funk Mob – Motor Bass Gets Phunked Up (Richie Hawtin’s Electrophunk Mix)
14. John Carpenter – The President Is Gone
15. Yusef Lateef – The Three Faces Of Bala
16. Robert Hood – Minus
17. Raymond Scott – Bass-Line Generator
18. Moondog – Invocation
1. Conrad Schnitzler – Elektrocon 11
2. Steve Reich & Pat Metheny – Electric Counterpoint – Fast (Movement 3)
3. Liquid Liquid – Lock Groove (Out)
4. To Rococo Rot -Testfeld
5. Patrick Moraz – Metamorphoses 1st Movement (Live)
6. Young Marble Giants – N.i.t.a
7. Kenneth Bager – Fragment Eleven… The Day After Yesturday Pt.1
8. Arthur Russell – Make 1,2
9. John Carpenter – The President Is Gone
10. Robert Hood – Minus
11. Raymond Scott – Bass-Line Generator
12. Pyrolator – November Mühlheim
13. Cymande – For Baby Oh
14. Can – Sunday Jam